Tuesday, July 12, 2005

ACLU (Anti Constitutional-Liberties Union)

The ACLU has decided to wage war on yet another organization, which one? The Boy Scouts of America. This has to be stopped, the ACLU is responsible for costing the scouting movement millions in court. They say BSA requires members to take an oath that they believe in God, while thats not that bad of an idea here is the Boy Scout Oath:

"As an American, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country, To obey the scout law, to help other people at all times. To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight".

FYI ACLU, if your an atheist you do not believe you have a duty to God, therefore you can not fail at what you would say is doing it.

I know all about religion in the scouting movement, I am the Chaplain Aid of the largest scout troop in my council, and one of the most active chaplians aids also. If you do not want to believe in God, the BSA is not going to make you in order to be a member, even though I highly encourage all of my scouts to be Christians, I can't mkae them. However in religious debate I'm known throughout the troop to almost always win. So yes, scouting encorages religion, as do our health books in public schools. I am a Christian and as long as I am chaplain aid the messages will be Christian based messages. But as an overall organization Scouting has chaplains for every major religion, and there are a few chaplians aids who are not any religion.

So we need to step up to the ACLU, who has gotten some 363,000 scouts, who were in troops sponsered by schools, looking for a new place to meet. This is unacceptable, The only constitution in the world that has the church seperated from the state is that of the "former, fallen Soviet Union."(Hagee). Our constitution, whcih I have my own copy of, tells the state to keep its nose out of the church's buisness, it does not tell the church to keep its nose out of the states buisness. If you would like to help the Boy Scouts visit www.bsalegal.org. God bless you all, and God bless the Boy Scouts.

P.S. I would like many comments on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Christianity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory