Saturday, October 15, 2005

Where is the Love?

There is a question I should like to ask, and don't be surprised if by the end of this I seem to be in a Christian version of a Howard Dean red faced rant.

Tell me church (of which I am a part), where is the love? Where is the unity in Christ? Have we loved our neighbor as our self with all the criticizing we do? More importantly we must love the Lord with all of our hearts, and the Bible says you can't hate your brother. Sure we talk about faith, hope, love, the gratest of which is love, but how many of us practice what we've preached? I see Christian pinned against Christian all the time. We've become so focused on the little things that other people do that bug us, we've forgotten to practice the Golden Rule. Is it not in I Corinthians 13 where Paul tells us that love keeps no track of wrongs?

I believe its time we in the Church wake up and do our job. Turn our backs on strife, troubles and the things that might not be going our way yet, and turn our eyes towards Jesus. He is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the great I am. He is able to heal the wounded heart, the child molester, the homosexual, the one who cuts, the alcoholic and every opressed. I tell you Jesus died for that homosexual, and that gothic just like He died for you and me! Jesus is coming, and he isn't coming to get a dead Church, He is coming for the same Church he left! Its time we arise and start living our faith, for James tells us that faith that does nothing is dead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Christianity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory