Sunday, August 27, 2006

"I Was At The Alter."

Alright, some of you might know this, others might not. But, I am a Pentecostal, and I feel like sharing my testimony about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Just last month I was in Maine. And there I attended the Aroostook County Pentecostal Campmeeting, where Evangelist Sam Austin was the speaker. And it was there that I was baptized in the Spirit with evidence of speaking in tounges. Anyone who has never experienced it might be close minded to it, but I will assure all of you the Baptism of The Spirit is very real today.

I will tell you the power of the Holy Ghost was on me so strong I was trembling, Bro. Austin prayed over me, and soon after that I was speaking in other tounges.

Now, you may want to know why this all matters, so I will tell you. One hundred years ago at the Asuza Street mission in L.A. people had gathered and reportedly praying for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost that the Prophet Joel (Chapter 3, 26-30, I think) had told would happen in the last days. That event marked basically the start of Pentecostalism in this nation (maybe continent.) I have to tell you though, the Spirit is still moving. God is still working on this earth, and we are still called to preach the Gospel.

Today on my camping trip I preached about how close the coming of The Lord is. The signs of His coming are everywhere, and everyone of them being fulfilled.

If you haven't entered into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, now is the time. Neither you nor I know about tommorrow. Christ could come in the blink of an eye, any minute now. You may have one chance and one chance only right now to enter into relationship with Him. I tell you that He loves you, so much that He died for you; but, death did not defeat Him. He conquered death, and Hell, and the Grave. He laid down His life so that you would have the privelage of entering into personal relationship with Him. Romans 3:23 tells us that "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." And the wages of sin is death, not just physical death, but spiritual death. But we see God's love in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us; and we know that whosoever believes on Him will not parish, but have everlasting life.

So the choice is yours. The only thing between an unsaved sinner and God is a prayer of confession, repentance, and acceptance. You must confess and repent of your sins, and accept Jesus as your Savior. He is the only way. The only distance between one person and God is the distance from ones knees to the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Christianity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory