Friday, December 30, 2005

Why read?

My brother asked me what the point in reading the Bible was if I didn't remember it. I answered that the Word of God does not come back void; I've also thought about this, in 16 years I've eaten alot of meals, and most of the meals I don't remember the menu to, but every one of those meals fed me when I was hungry and nourished my body so that I would stay in good health. Likewise, I don't remember alot of what I've read in the Bible, but every chapter has in some way given me spiritual food and helped keep me spiritually healthy.

By the way I wrote a quote in the front of my Bible that reads "This book will keep you from sin; and, sin will keep you from this book".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Christianity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory